Inogen Alliance delivers efficient and consistent due diligence services that facilitate informed business decisions around mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. We help you to avoid uncertainty and surprises by identifying, assessing and prioritizing your environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks, allowing you to monitor and control potential negative impacts to your business as well as capitalize on potential opportunities.
Strong International Relationships Aiding in Global Transactions
Although the COVID pandemic has impacted deal volumes across the world, our global presence and local expertise has proved invaluable in supporting transactions in this challenging period. Indeed, the strong relationships embedded throughout the Inogen Alliance were instrumental in the recent completion of a global transaction, covering 65 sites across three continents in the agricultural sector – a great achievement in current times.
Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety, Prioritized.
Learn more about Corporate EHS Due Diligence – International Mergers and Acquisitions through Inogen Alliance.
Every transaction is an independent journey, and we therefore offer a range of approaches to meet client requirements, ranging from high level traffic light assessments to comprehensive detailed reporting. With 280 offices located on every continent, we have the capability and global reach to mobilize resources to support any deal, anywhere in the world.
Although financial returns remain the key driver for investors, ESG (environmental, social and governance) has now become a key part of investment decisions for those acquiring businesses. We are able to advise investors on ESG strategies with wider benefits that can be realized over the lifetime of the investment with a view to providing more significant increases in asset value. To demonstrate this, we can also provide return on investment (ROI) evaluations and monetize ESG risks and investments.
Where significant uncertainties exist, we offer financial and risk modeling to help build a comfort level that risks can be managed and incorporated into the deal. Our post-transaction services allow you to strategize onboarding, integration and business continuity considerations with asset and operational business integration.
Our EHS international team of experts includes environmental professionals specializing in areas such as Environmental Permitting, Environmental Compliance, Health & Safety, Sustainability/ESG, Subsurface Characterization, Energy Management, Air Quality, Waste Management and EHS Management Systems.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Material EHS Compliance Reviews
- Comprehensive liability assessments and deal advising
- EHS advisory support with insurance underwriters and legal (deal negotiations)
- PFAS risk evaluations
- Decommissioning and site closure support for divestitures or post-acquisition restructuring
- Pre-transaction site characterization (Phase II site investigations) to close areas of uncertainty
- Geologic and geotechnical surveys for future site development considerations
- Transactional ESG screening and benchmarking – ESG risk identification
- Post Transaction Support
- permitting, waste management, EMS etc.
- Corrective Action - Tracking and Closure of issues identified during due diligence
- Develop and implement site-specific procedures for EHS
- Develop and provide employee training
- Perform gap assessments, site inspections, record-keeping, and reporting
- Analysis of acquired subsurface liabilities and regulatory path-to-closure support
- Successful incorporation of EHS and ESG related risks, liabilities, and opportunities into deal financial modeling for international acquisitions and mergers
- Successful characterization and management of EHS risks and liabilities for asset and operational divestitures
- Successful onboarding and integration of new assets and operations into your business
Successful liability transfer program after 18 years of Stakeholders negotiations
The services of Inogen Alliance Associate Antea Group included site due diligence and in-depth data review related to known environmental conditions, comprehensive site investigation to adequately delineate soil and groundwater impacts, development of remediation strategies and alternatives, and the performance of probabilistic cost modelling to forecast costs to achieve regulatory closure.
A program design was then presented to the stakeholders that included diagnosis results and options for liability transfer structure and environmental insurance product applications. Inogen Alliance through Antea Group supported the stakeholders during the discussions and negotiations with the various insurance underwriters.
In-situ ozone injection was implemented to remediate the site contamination, after considering excavation, landfill disposal, and long-term pump and treat as alternatives. Bench-scale testing was also implemented to verify the efficacy of in-situ ozone injection for all contaminants of concern.
Within a year, the stakeholders agreed to the liability transfer program which included a cost cap insurance policy and pollution legal liability policy to cover cost overruns associated with the site remediation, undiscovered incidents, regulatory re-openers, third party claims and legal defense costs.
The solution benefited the property stakeholders in that they were able to transfer the environmental liability to our Associate Antea Group and "walk away" from all liability associated with the site, breaking almost two decades of negotiation deadlock.